Pages

Tuesday, 14 October 2014

A Brief Analysis of my Reading.


Reading Analysis

WALT: make a snap shot of my reading ability using the National Standards learning progressions.

This week we videoed ourselves reading an extract from Bridge to Terabithia. We had to watch ourselves and notice what challenges we faced when reading at 13-14 years.  We had to choose 4 challenges that stood out the most. Then we had to think how we were going to make changes to our reading, by setting goals.

The Challenges I Face In Reading Are:
  • I have a challenge with not having any intonation. (expression)
  • I read how I talk
  • I read over some punctuation
  • I bore people

The Goals That I Will Focus On To help Me Become A Better Reader Are.

  • read with expression.  
  • Stop at all the full stops and pause when I come to a comma.
  • Not to bore people when I read and try and look at the audience

5 comments:

  1. Wow Jacob I really loved the tone of the voice you used throughout your reading but it would really help if you can speak more clearly so everyone would here your voice more often. From Harmonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jacob I really loved you expreasion and tone.But the next time can you please speak up so you can be loud
    From Peri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jacob, I agree with your goals you have set for yourself. Can't wait to see your next attempt. From Anthony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reading Jacob.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi jacob I really loved your fluency and how you Knew all the words keep up the good work
    ka kite

    Tipi kingi

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.