Pages

Thursday, 4 December 2014

Athletic description.

Purpose: To entertain my audience.

WALT: show rather than tell in our writing in order to make it effective.

SC
  1. Choose the main idea of your descriptive writing. Grab the action!
  2. Does your writing start in the middle of the scene?
  3. Do we know what you are thinking and feeling?
  4. Choose at least 3 senses in your writing.
  5. Plan your paragraphs.

The mad dash to the end.

Bang! The thunder of feet came charging down the sprint line, like a tornado demolishing everything in its path. The crowd was screaming at me as I ran past. My competitors and I reached the halfway mark, I was feeling tired and could see people catching up behind me. I could still feel the wind rushing past my face. I could feel myself becoming slower and slower as I got closer and closer to the finishing line.   

Thunder of feet pounded the ground. The blur of faces flashed in the eyes as I sped past them. They looked like darts rushing into the background, like they were trying to kill me. I started speeding up with the fear of losing, I was running for my life like I was being chased by pack dogs. I started gunning it to the finish line. Finally I passed the finish line. I felt like fainting after the race as my legs were aching and didn’t have the strength to keep me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.